Friday, July 13, 2007

A Change in Perspective. - 7/13/07

Genesis 18:13-14, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son."

Is anything too hard for the Lord? Certainly not. Is anything too hard for me? Of course. And through whose point of view do I see the world? Too often, my own. But, through whose point of view should I see the world?

If I look at life and my own situation in comparison to the control I have over it, discouragement could easily follow. I could examine my ongoing job search and my dependent living situation and get frustrated because so much of it is beyond my control. Junior High teaching jobs are strangely hard to find in Washington right now.

But, "Our hope is in the Lord." Like the verse above from Genesis asks, is anything too hard for the Lord? When I look at my life from His point of view, everything is simplified.

  • Of course I'll get a job. God told me to leave Belize and move to Western Washington.
  • Of course my family will heal, because Mark 11:24 states, "Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours."
  • Of course my neice will be taken care of when she moves to Montana. She has trusted her life to God and Luke 12:31 says if we seek His kingdom FIRST, everything else will be added to us ... by His power and authority though, not our own.
Is anything too hard for the Lord? Is anything too hard for the Creator of Heaven, the Maker of the Earth? No. We have only to wait on His perfect timing and trust that He means what He says. He's already proven that.

So now, I continue to wait. I continue to hope. I can relax, enjoy a cup of coffee, and know that I am taken care of. As a Christ follower, hope is something I am blessed with and a source of so much joy. I praise you Jesus for blessing me and guiding me here for a life I know you've prepared for me ahead of time.

No comments: