Saturday, January 28, 2006

Mas Regalos - 1/28/06

Ephesians 4:11-12,14 "And Christ gave gifts to people - He made some to be Apostles, some to be prophets, some to go and tell the Good News, and some to have the work of caring for and teaching God's people. Christ gave those gifts to prepare God's holy people for the work of serving, to make the body of Christ stronger ... Then we will not be influenced by every new teaching we hear from people who are trying to fool us."

WOW! Four devotions in a row. Four. God has been telling me the same thing from different parts of the Bible every time I read, and this verse is just a profound emphasis of the one in 1 Corinthians from the other day. Except this one is in Ephesians. And it's worded the exact same and it was already highlighted in my Bible when I went through it. The exact same theme, I'm in awe of how God is speaking to me - so clearly and so available if I just take the time to listen. He's stressing that:

  • God gave us gifts
  • Those gifts prepare His people for His holy work, to serve
  • God gave us gifts to strengthen the body of Christ (the church)
  • And now from this passage, He's added that by serving God, strengthening the body, and practicing using the gifts He gave us, we will be strong and remain true to His way and His truth when the world attacks with its lies.

No comments: