Monday, February 20, 2006

Pick Up The Phone - 2/19/06

Romans 10:20-21, "Then Isaiah is bold enough to say: 'I was found by those who were not asking me for help. I made myself known to people who were not looking for me.' But about Israel, God says, 'All day long I stood ready to accept people who disobey and are stubborn.'"

I love it when God does this! He's emphasizing how He's constantly talking directly to me through His word. I had no idea this scripture from Isaiah - the same one I was led to in my last devotion - was quoted in Romans. God led me to it when I wasn't even looking for it in another location in the Bible, confirming the message of the last devotion.

I am so humbled, on two levels. One: that the God of All, Lord of all Creation, chooses to talk to me through His word EVERY time I make the effort to listen to Him. He'll meet me there whenever I make time to come into His presence. And Two: That the same God, the All Powerful source of all things, actually says to us, "Here I am. Here I am," and seeks us out. We do not come to him unless He first calls us. He chooses us. John 15:19, "...As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world." and, 1 Peter 2:4, "As you come to Him, the living Stone -- rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to Him..." are just some of the examples of God choosing us, choosing to be with us!

God's always trying to reach us; our phone is just ringing all day long with our loving God on the other end of the line. He's always trying to get our attention and begin a relationship with us, if we just pick up the phone and talk with Him. He communicates in so many different ways if we just listen. In my case, I have to step away from the distractions of the world, into a figurative phone booth to make time for Him -- isolating myself in order to be able to hear what He has to say. And I always love the conversations we have when I make time for Him...

No comments: